Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sweet Summer Coleslaw

ingredients****
3 pounds cabbage
1 lb carrots
8 oz whipped Chive Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 1/2 cups vanillia yogurt
1tsp salt
1tsp pepper
1Tbs Thai spice
14 oz Vidiala Vinaigrette w/Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
lemon lily and squash flowers for garnish
Steps to prepare****
Remove outter loose leaves and roll like a tight buritto from stem to top fashion.
Cutfrom side to side in 1/4 to1/3 inch cuts.(It will resemble linguini cut when done)
Put cut cabbage in large bowl.
Cut cabbage in half from top to bottom.
Remove the core stem by cutting a triangular wedge aroung stem and popping it out.
Now lay the flat side of the half cabbages down on cutting surface and cut horozontally from cut stem area to top in 1/4 to 1/3 inch pieces(also will resemble linguini when cut).
Shred carrots omitting tops and add to large bowl with cabbage.
Add all remaining ingredients(except flowers) and mix well with clean hands to incorporate ingredients evenly.
Place in serving dish and garnish with 'edible' flowers!
Serve or chill and serve.Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Looks Delicious, are you going to post the recipe or are you going to wait? or did I miss it. I love the picture in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully plated Roberta! So happy to see you have a blog!! Merranda and I LOVE YOU!!! Can't wait to see some of your recipes posted here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new blogsite. The background is wonderful and so coloful. I love how the white goes over the top and moves. Very nice. You're on your way girl, you're on your way. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!!! way to go Roberta. I love your recipe!! And your garden looks great. I got mine put in a little late so my harvest, if i get one, won't be till at least end of August!!! I hope you'll share some salsa recipes.
    xo Ann(Kitchen-Diva)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer,Tresa,Lady Nann and Ann thank you VERY much.Ann I hope you get a huge harvest!And I'd be happy to put some salsa recipies up.Big hugs to you my friends!Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete