2 hours prep and cook time EGGPLANT PARM INGREDIENTS
1 quart olive or peanut oil for frying
8 lbs eggplant sliced in 1/ to 1/2 inch circles I leave skin on.
8 eggs wisk eggs 1 minute to well blended
32 oz bread crumbs
1 box( crushed) corn bread stuffing
1/2 cup dried basil
1/2 cup rosemary herb
1/2 cup Thai spice
1/2 cup garlic powder
1 tbs pepper
12 oz string cheese
2 quarts vegtable sauce
2 lbs feta
8 oz Romano cheese
8 oz grated Parmesan cheese
8 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
2 lbs whole milk Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Mix crushed stuffing, bread crumbs, basil,rosemary,Thai.garlic and pepper in a sturdy bag.
2. Wisk eggs and dip sliced eggplant in them coating thoroughly.
3. Heat 1 inch of oil in a deep thick bottomed pan on medium high heat. I use a cast iron pot.
4. Shake off some excess egg from one piece of eggplant at a time and place it in coating pressing gently to adhere coating to the out side .
5. Place an even of coated eggplant in preheated oil and fry 1 to 1 1/2 minutes flipping once.
6. Remove egg plant from cooking oil with slotted spoon to drain off excess oil and place on folded paper towels to drain further until all eggplant is cooked.
7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
8. Mix grated chopped fresh parsley, parmesan, Romano, feta and ricotta cheeses together.
9. In two 9 inch by 12 inch oven safe baking dishes ( I used glass.) spead a thin layer of sauce to coat bottoms.
10. Place even layer of fried eggplant on top sauce layer.
11. Spoon small amounts of cheese mixture here and there over eggplant layer.
12. Continue in same order of sauce,eggplant then cheese until both baking dishes are full with sauce /cheese being top layer.
13. Sprinke 8 ounces shredded parmesan on top.
14. Pull apart string cheese building a latice or use shredded mozzarella lastly on top.
15. Place in oven for 1 hour until dish is bubbling and cheese is golden on top.
16. Allow dish to cool around a half hour to help with even nice looking pieces.